The Ohio County Community Foundation will award one 2020 Lilly Endowment Community Scholarship in December 2019. The Lilly Endowment Community Scholarship provides full tuition for four years ( 8 consecutive semesters) of undergraduate study on a full time basis leading to a baccalaureate degree, all required fees, and up to $900 per year for books and equipment at an accredited Indiana public or private college/university. Rising Sun High School seniors meeting the scholarship criteria are invited to apply. The application deadline is Friday, August 23, 2019 at 3:00 p.m. The scholarship criteria is as listed:
- Applicant must be a current resident of Ohio County.
- Applicant must be a current member of the 2020 graduating class of the Rising Sun High School and graduate from Rising Sun High School.
- Applicant must complete all graduation requirements by June 30, 2020.
- Applicant must have a minimum of 3.5 GPA on a 4.0 scale based on the final sixth semester of high school.
- Applicant must plan to pursue a four-year baccalaureate course of study on a full-time basis beginning the fall of 2020 at an accredited public or private Indiana college or university.
- Applicant must have taken the SAT and/or the ACT and provide proof of scores on their high school transcript. The highest scores recorded on the applicant’s high school transcript will be considered.
- Applicant must be accepted to an Indiana college or university by April 30, 2020.
- Applicant may not apply if they are a lineal relative to include children, grandchildren, great-grandchildren, step-grandchildren, parent, step-child, child-in-law, etc. to an employee of the Ohio County Community Foundation or to a person serving as a Committee member or Board member of the Ohio County Community Foundation. In order for a lineal relative, above, to be eligible for a scholarship award, the Board member, Committee member, or Staff member must have resigned their position with OCCF at least 18 months prior to June 1 of the year in which the award is made.
- Applicants chosen as one of the top five finalists must attend a personal interview by the Foundation Scholarship Selection Committee.
- Selection criteria will include Academics, Activities/Employment, Community Service, College Plans, Essay, Financial Need and a Personal Interview of the top 5 applicants.
Amount: Full Tuition, Required Fees and an annual book stipend.
- 2019- Jena Bovard
- 2018 - Jayden McAlister
- 2017 - Jessica Koons
- 2016 - Kelsey Romans
- 2015 - Jake Uhlmansiek
- 2014 - Austin Martin
- 2013 - Alyson Minks
- 2012 - Kelsey Baillie